Friday, October 5, 2012

Project proposal 450






                                                                       
Name: Gerardo Valencia
Date: 9/24/2012
Class: Special Projects/450
Professor: David Bithell
Project Proposal
 
            My project for this class is to create a 3d model of the art center of SOU. This consists of
 3 buildings and they are the Marion Ady Building, Schneider Museum, and the quad as well as the terrain surrounding the 3 buildings. I’m going to create this area by using the Maya software. The reason I choose to create a 3d model environment for my project is because I want to tackle something that is complex at an intermediate level, if I do it: it will possibly cause me to run into building problems when I’ am in Maya.
When I run into a problem in Maya when it comes to building something, I’ll research it until I solve it. And by solving it I will possibly learn new techniques, I won’t make the same mistake; by learning new skills I’ll become more efficient. By efficient I mean I’ll build faster more complex structures in Maya easier. My whole purpose is the get more familiar with the Maya software when it comes to creating 3d environmental models. After learning Maya in the last year of school I learned that creating objects that I see in the “real world” are not that simple to just build in Maya. And so I decided to tackle this project plan to also build my visual library.
So my plan to begin with this project is to take many pictures of establishing shots as well as small details of all the 3d buildings and the quad between them all. I will create the terrain surrounding them as well as the interior and exterior of all 3 buildings. The buildings will be modeled to the very last detail. If I exceed my expectations I will begin to model the trees around the area.
Every week I will post a rendered Jpeg of my progress in Maya on my blog, accompanied with any challenges, mistakes, confusions, etc…  I will render 3 shots total so that you may see the big picture of everything. And for my portfolio I will take exterior and interior rendered establishing shots that match the pictures references.
As for a professional I will continue to try and contact many artists in my specific field of interest in the website 3dtotal.com.
TimeLine
Week 2 – Project proposal
Week 3 – Top & middle floor (exterior) of Marion Andy building complete.
Week 4 – Top & middle floor (interior) of Marion Andy building complete.
Week 5 – Bottom floor of Marion Andy building complete.
Week 6 – Quad centering all buildings complete.
Week 7 – Schneider Museum (exterior & interior) complete.
Week 8 – Art History top & bottom floor complete.
Week 9 – Portfolio ready with rendered establishing shots accompanied with reference images.
 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment